Grilled Caesar Salad
When I first tried grilled caesar salad, I wasn’t sure what to expect — I couldn’t imagine it would be any good — but it really is!
- Cut a head of romaine lettuce in half, lengthwise.
- Brush the cut side of the romaine lettuce with olive oil.
- Place on the grill cut-side down and quickly sear until grill marks are visible (don’t leave on the grill too long, you want the lettuce warm with the grill marks, but not mushy).
- For each serving, place a half head of romaine cut-side up on a plate and drizzle the dressing on top. Top with grated parmesan cheese, bacon bits, and croutons.
- Serve immediately.
- Use your favorite Caesar salad dressing or try my great recipe below (very garlicky!).
Caesar Salad Dressing
Some people are hesitant to use raw eggs in their dressings. You don’t have to use the egg to enjoy the great taste. You will just have a different texture (for a creamy dressing, use the egg).
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dry mustard 2 tbsp blue cheese (or blue cheese dressing)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp anchovy paste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
Mix all ingredients in a blender, adding cheese at the end (for creamy dressing, mix egg and oil on high speed first). Chill until ready to use.
This recipe is great for pork or beef ribs. For 4 servings of ribs, mix together these ingredients:
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- Place racks of ribs in tin foil or a barbeque safe pan. Add beer mixture.
- Cover and place on the barbeque on low heat (about 200 – 250 degrees) for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove ribs from beer mixture and turn the barbeque up to high (about 375 – 400 degrees).
- Once the grill is heated, place the ribs on the racks.
- Brush with your favorite barbeque sauce (or try this beer sauce) and cook for a few minutes on each side.
Add some rolls or garlic bread, and maybe some pineapple beans or barbeque potatoes and you have a great meal for any barbeque lover!